GeekGal, Network Administrator
Experience:  MIS degree 15+ years Experience as Network Administrator

How do i change my password I set it up yesterday. A oerson

Customer Question

How do i change my password I set it up yesterday. A oerson took a pic of my router password ***** with his cell phone without my permission. I had just finished setting it up and had the form sent to me luing on my desk. I want to change it. How
Category: Networking
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi Alice! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Can you please tell me the brand and model of your router? Once I know that I can guide through changing the password.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Linksys Model # *****
No Thanks I will try it by myself if I have to keep paying
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

You don't have to pay anything else. Feel free to just ignore the popups for additional services. They are not from me, They are automated. I should be able to walk you through it very easily. Please give me just a moment to type up instructions.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Please open an internet browser and type in the address bar. Unless you changed the default password ***** logging in to the router, you will use admin as both the username and the password. If you have changed the default login settings, please use the login information that you setup instead. If admin does not work and you don't know what you changed it to, please let me know and I will walk you through resetting the router so you can login. Once you're logged in, please go the wifi settings and change the password.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem., would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to assist you