Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I am again having the same connectivity issues with the HP

Customer Question

I am again having the same connectivity issues with the HP Envy 5642. I even tried to connect with an HP 5530 which has been unplugged and in the closet for 2 months. It also received the same error message. I followed the previous instructions - several times, but I am now going on my 3rd day without being able to connect. Last night I unplugged the Wi-Fi for at least 5 minutes and then didn't even turn back on the printer until this morning and it gave me the same server connection error. I followed the same instructions again this morning twice - with both printers and continue to receive the error messages. I will not be at this computer again for 12 hours. Please leave a detailed instruction how to fix this problem and how I can possibly prevent it from continuing...Thank you. Beverly Norris
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there Beverly and welcome

Can you detail the exact error you are receiving with the printer please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Exactly the same error message that I reported before: "Server Connection Error. There was a problem connecting to the server. Touch retry to connect again or Ok to exit. " I have probably done this 50 times, as well as unplugging both the printer and the wi-fi and allowing at least 5-15 minutes (or longer) before turning the Wi-fi on and then at least 15 minutes or longer before turning the printer on. I continue to keep receiving this message.
Bev
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi Beverly

Sorry, there was never a mention of the actual error message, only that an error was received which is why I requested the information.

Is the printer connecting to the computer via wireless or a USB cable?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was using wirelessly, but now I am connected with a USB cable
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

And also with USB you get the error?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I ALWAYS GET THE SAME RESPONSE
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Do you have another computer there?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, install it on that computer and tell me if it works please