IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

I am setting up my Belkin webcam. Everything works fine

Customer Question

I am setting up my Belkin webcam. Everything works fine until it tries to connect to the Internet. It just spins....says connecting to network.
JA: Belkin question, huh? Fortunately, the tech wizards we work with know networking, and I'd like to connect you with the best one for this.
Customer: Thank you.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Starting over...disconnecting. I deleted the app and installed it again. Works great until it tries to connect. I have had this webcam for several months. Had the same problem but gave up.
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, nothing I can think of. I am not an expert on networking or hardware. I write online courses and put them on the I know software, etc.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Can you please tell me the model number of your Belkin webcam>

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where would I find the model number?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Thank you! Please give me just a moment to research this particular model.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry but the Belkin product that I find with model number is ***** wireless router, not a webcam. If you're sure that it's a webcam, I'll need to opt out and open this up to other experts, as I can find nothing on that model in a webcam. Please advise.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am positive it is a webcam. It is called "Netcam" HD +
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Try this model numberF7d7606vl
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is my question going to be answered?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not want remote assistance
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

I apologize most sincerely. I have been having technical difficulties and just got back online. I will do my very best to get you an answer as quickly as possible. Have you gotten far enough in the setup to create your username and password? Are you setting it up on a computer or are you using the Belkin netcam app on a phone?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry. It appears that you are not online right now. I will go ahead and opt out so that another expert who is online when you return can assist you. I do apologize for the delay.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.

Since you say the Belkin camera worked fine before, but now stopped working, I suggest resetting it to factory defaults and running the setup again. Hopefully, it will help and this time it will successfully connect to the Internet.

Here are the instructions:

1. First, make sure the camera is powered on

2. Use a thin object such as a paper clip to press the Reset button located on the back of the camera. Hold it for 20 seconds and then release the button

3. After that, wait for about 30 seconds for the camera to finish the reset

4. Now flip the switch on the back of the camera to the setup mode. The WiFi indicator should then start blinking

5. Get your phone or tablet and download the Belkin NetCam app in case you had removed it

6. Search for new WiFi networks on your phone or tablet. You should detect a new WiFi signal coming from the Belkin camera. Connect your phone or tablet to that network

7. Start the Belkin NetCam app

8. When prompted to setup the camera, tap Yes and follow the instructions. In the setup process, use the existing Belkin account. To connect the camera to the Internet, select your home WiFi network and make sure to type the correct WiFi password (if your WiFi network is password-protected)

9. When you see the "Congratulations" message, the camera is all set up, so you can start using it

Let me know if you were able to follow the instructions, and if your Belkin camera is working again.

If you encounter problems, I am here to help you further.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, it never worked. Everything is entered...password, etc. the problem is when it tries to connect it spins and spins...doesn't connect. My internet is working...
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

That's strange.

Please check if the camera will connect to any other WiFi network. You can try with a friend's or neighbor's WiFi network, or you can enable mobile WiFi hotspot on your phone if it supports it, and then connect the camera to it in order to check if it will successfully connect.

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Didn't work. Tried it with hotspot.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Hmm. This could indicate a defective WiFi network card inside the Belkin camera; however, please reset the camera and run the camera setup again, but this time, disable the password ***** on your WiFi network. Do it either on your home router (you will need to access the router configuration page first) or you can do it on your phone. By default, you get a password ***** when creating a hotspot, so just edit the settings before enabling it, in order to get an open WiFi network-hotspot.

Let me know if the camera connected.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Hello again!

Several days have passed since we last communicated, and you haven't replied to my last message, so I am wondering if you still require assistance with the issue.

Let me know by sending me a reply below.