Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I was away on vacation. My computer was hacked. I had to

Customer Question

I was away on vacation. My computer was hacked. I had to contact at&t my provider and get my wireless password ***** I have a strong feeling it was my downstairs neighbor. Is there a way I can check and know for sure? Thank you kindly for your time.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Tim replied 3 months ago.

Hey Tiffany, no there is no way to check, your router might have logs as to who connected, but will only show you a local IP which is no good. I Also think theres a high chance you were not hacked....and something went nutty with the router. Hackers do not, and will not change a routers password, they want to leave it as is, so they can keep getting back in. It would like a robber breaking in, then going outside and nailing the door shut.