Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer

I can't remember my WIFI password. I think within the

Customer Question

I can't remember my WIFI password.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I think within the past year. I don't know what they are. I can't find them although I wrote them down somewhere.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Looked for my password. Called my internet provider which is Comcast, called Motorola thinking WIFI came through my modem, but they said it was probably my router.
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Just to thank you.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured
2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?