Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

Smart TV Hub, trying to connect to amazon.com movies etc we

Customer Question

Smart TV Hub, trying to connect to amazon.com for tv movies etc we can get to the site address of amazon.com, but when we hit it, it says Server not found?
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
TV has wireless internet connection that has been confirmed by ATT
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is someone connected?
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the complete model number of your tv?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
model - UN55D7000LFXZA
serial - Z30Q3CYB801223R
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Okay are you trying to open an actual amazon app (such as you would for the netflix app, hulu app, etc) or are you trying to use the samsung web browser to actually type in amazon.com as a site?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We don't have the Amazon App, so we tried to get it from the web browser which gives us the error. We also have tried to get the app from Samsung
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Really, in either case, it won't work, unfortunately.

The browser is a very basic function and can't support media content.

The app, if even loaded on your tv, won't work. If you have a later software version, the app isn't there at all.

The reason for this is that samsung ended its marketing agreement with amazon for all 2012 and prior model tvs. Your is a 2011 model and was included in this change. What that means is that it is not possible to access the amazon instant video app/services directly on this tv. This is a common problem with smart tvs as manufacturers have to publish a specific app for every individual tv model, and they eventually stop supporting them because of costs. So it is not possible to use amazon on the tv directly.

You can still do so, but would need to use an external streaming device such as a roku, roku4k, fire tv, htpc or smart bluray player and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and support.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Gary?