Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

How can I add a second router flashed with DD WRT openvpn in

Customer Question

How can I add a second router flashed with DD WRT openvpn in my network so all outgoing traffic and incoming traffic are encrypted without getting rid of my current router which is better than the flashed one, could it go modem to flashed router (so its all encrypted before it hits the mode) to main router to all devices, I'm asking for a way to add multiple openvpn connections without buying different subscriptions for everything
Category: Networking
Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD, and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

the short answer is you can't. You can not have two active routers on the same network - period. You can turn DHCP off on one and put a VPN in on it, but i'm not sure that would be best. Using the single wwrt router wit VPN is a solid bet.

Tim.