Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer
75378780

Im trying to connect to public libraries wireless network.

Customer Question

im trying to connect to public libraries wireless network. computer will not display t&c's for me to accept
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: hp probook 4530s, windows 7 pro
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turn on off, took battery out, etc
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Can you see the WIFI network on your laptop, and have you asked for the password?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
don't understand questions
Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

Does your computer see the librarys wireless service?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am online with laptop right now
Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

Ok, I guess i'm not understanding the problem. You say it will not show the terms and conditions which is what they often have before you can get out to the rest of the internet.....Yet you are able to connect here. Whats the problem? Can't get to certain sites?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
there is no password ***** normally takes you to a page that has terms and cond and patron chooses own password ***** pick up any copies (mandatory) and then agree I am on a hotspot
Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

Well, its possible they are having technical issues.....have you asked the staff? If they aren't try another browser and see if that gets you to Terms and conditions log in.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK thanks
Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

Let me know if you need more help, i'll be around. Please take the time to rate my service in the upper right hand corner, with any positive rating i provide free support on same issue. I'll be around most of the day/night to see if you need more help.