Josh, Helpdesk
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

The suggested solution did not work. The Kindle sees the

Customer Question

The suggested solution did not work. The Kindle sees the network and correctly lists its name. However, it does not accept the password ***** correct. I believe that Amazon Corp. is aware of this problem as they now have added a button to the network sign on box that instructs the device to "forget" previous passwords. I have just moved my Kindle from my Florida home served by Comcast to my summer home served by Bell. I suspect that the Kindle does not want to give up the Comcast password.
JA: Comcast question, huh? Fortunately, the tech wizards we work with will know the answer, and I'd like to connect you with the best one for this.
Customer: Thank you
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The usual recycle of both the router and the Kindle and many efforts to get the device to accept the password.
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Tell him it is a fifth generation white printer
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

Hi!

The forgot password ***** is for almost all devices/network; it is not Kindle/Amazon specific.

Are you 100% sure that you have the correct Wi-Fi password?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I reconnected my laptop last night just to make sure of the password.
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

Which Kindle model do you have?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it is a fifth generation white printer
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

Usually, a factory reset will fix the issue. The books/data will restore after you register your Kindle back to your Amazon account.

1. Tap Menu→Settings.
  2. Tap Menu→Reset Device.
  3. When you see the warning, tap Yes. (To back out without resetting, you'd tap No.) Your Kindle Paperwhite resets.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Your solution did not work.
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

If the steps did not work then the password ***** ***** Double check the password ***** it is being entered because the first letter may be getting auto capitalized or the capitalization may be wrong.

Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

I hope everything is okay with your issue. -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.