Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Networking expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

The techie suggested a solution that is not a option on a

Customer Question

The techie suggested a solution that is not a option on a fifth gen. Kindle. He advised me to use the "forget" option in the network box. There is none, Yes, I believe this would work if available. Clearly, the Kindle wants to receive a Comcast password ***** my home in Florida , not a Bell password ***** my summer home. The Kindle can see the Bell network, but does not accept the Bell password. Hopefully there is some other way to clear the password *****
JA: Comcast question, huh? Fortunately, the tech wizards we work with will know the answer, and I'd like to connect you with the best one for this.
Customer: it is not really a Comcast question. Yes, it does seem to appear that the Kindle believes that only the great Comcast has valid passwords.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Well, I have recycled both the router and the kindle. I have used every known Kindle instruction to get the password *****
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thank you.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Chris L. replied 5 months ago.

Which model of kindle is this that you have?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a Generation five white print
Expert:  Chris L. replied 5 months ago.

Confirm that you have the correct password, if it is coming back as incorrect it most likely is not correct. If you are positive you have the correct password ***** are typing it correctly try the following.

Press and hold the Power button for seven seconds until the Power dialog box appears, and then tap Screen Off. Turn off your router and/or modem for 30 seconds, and then turn them back on. After your router and/or modem restarts, press and hold the Power button on your Kindle until it turns on, and then try to connect to your Wi-Fi network again.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 5 months ago.

Make sure you also follow these instructions so you are choosing the correct network, click the link to view step by step

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201175570