GeekGal
GeekGal, Network Administrator
Experience:  MIS degree 15+ years Experience as Network Administrator
76665483

I WAS HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY AMAZON FIRE AND DURING THE

Customer Question

I WAS HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY AMAZON FIRE AND DURING THE PROCESS OF FIXING IT SHE FOUND I HAVE SPYWARE ON MY IMAC...WHAT DO I DO.
Category: Networking
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you are having this problem. It would be my pleasure to help you clean your iMac of spyware and malware. I recommend that you download and install Malware Bytes for Mac from here: https://www.malwarebytes.com/antimalware/mac/. There is a 14 day free trial but I believe in this product so much that I have purchased it for my MAC and for my windows laptop. Between this and my Avast antivirus I never have a problem.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Please give this a try and let let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

It would also be a good idea to check your Safari and any other browsers that you may have installed for unneccessary or possibly even malicious add-ons and to clear your browser history. Please let me know which browsers you have and I will provided detailed instructions for cleaning them up. Or, again, if you'd like I can do this for you.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

I will be away from the computer for a couple of hours as I need to take grandson to doctor but I will look for your reply as soon as I return and assist you with further troubleshooting if needed. If the information that I have provided helps you to resolve your problem, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Good morning Susan! I'm following up with you to see if you were able to resolve the problem with spyware/malware on your help. Please advise. Hopefully the information that I provided has helped you. If so, please remember to rate my service. If not, please let me know if you need more detailed information or have questions about any of the steps in the process, please let me know so I can continue to work with you.