Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have an apple router and the light is blinking orang and

Customer Question

i have an apple router and the light is blinking orang and no internet
JA: Have you done a bandwidth test?
Customer: no I don't know how
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i only unplugged and plugged back in, we have two services on our property and 1 is on but ours is not
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 5 months ago.

Good evening! The diagnostic light on the router isn't very telltale...the blinking orange light literally just means "something's wrong." Do you happen to have a Mac, iPhone, or iPad handy that we could use the built-in Airport Utility to look into the issue?

If not, we can still get to the bottom of this. Can you tell me a little more about how your network is physically setup? For instance, is your router plugged directly into a modem or other device provided by your internet service provider? If so, have you already tried to unplug/restart that device?

Thanks! I look forward to hearing back from you.