Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

My router, Lynksis, is connected to my bright house modum

Customer Question

My router, Lynksis, is connected to my bright house modum but I want to lock it so it's secured. Have tried and it takes me all the way to my password ***** it looks like it is going to secure but it bumps back to the beginning. I called Bright House if a tech could come to my house to connect that for me but they said they don't do that. Don't know what to do. I have tv, laptop and phone with brighthouse. Can you help me?
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I just got a new laptop about a month and a half ago.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: What do you mean? I'm not a computer guru.
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: All I want is to have a secured wifi.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Just to be clear, you are trying to lock down your network through your Linksys router, correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
but I haven't gotten an answer. Also when asked for my email address it says it's wrong but it's not.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I want it secured.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Okay. First I want to make sure you know how we work. We are not affiliated with your cable company or Linksys, so I may need to ask a few questions along the way. Did you install the router yourself, and if so, what is the model number?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No forget about it. No one will be able to help me. I will call bright house. Thanks.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Very well. You can come back anytime and we will try to assist you. Good luck!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No thank you.i thought you were brighthouse to begin with. Bye
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

No problem.

Expert:  dainne-cssm replied 4 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.