Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My router, Lynksis, is connected to my bright house modum

Customer Question

My router, Lynksis, is connected to my bright house modum but I want to lock it so it's secured. Have tried and it takes me all the way to my password ***** it looks like it is going to secure but it bumps back to the beginning. I called Bright House if a tech could come to my house to connect that for me but they said they don't do that. Don't know what to do. I have tv, laptop and phone with brighthouse. Can you help me?
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I just got a new laptop about a month and a half ago.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: What do you mean? I'm not a computer guru.
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: All I want is to have a secured wifi.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Just to be clear, you are trying to lock down your network through your Linksys router, correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but I haven't gotten an answer. Also when asked for my email address it says it's wrong but it's not.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I want it secured.
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Okay. First I want to make sure you know how we work. We are not affiliated with your cable company or Linksys, so I may need to ask a few questions along the way. Did you install the router yourself, and if so, what is the model number?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No forget about it. No one will be able to help me. I will call bright house. Thanks.
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Very well. You can come back anytime and we will try to assist you. Good luck!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No thank you.i thought you were brighthouse to begin with. Bye
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

No problem.

Expert:  dainne-cssm replied 11 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/computer-networking/9ro4q-router-lynksis-connected-bright-house-modum.html.
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.