Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I recently changed my Comcast router to xfinity x1 and can

Customer Question

I recently changed my Comcast router to xfinity x1 and can only know get my Foscam cameras to work while on an Ethernet cable. I cannot get them to connect to wifi. Please help I have gone through the set up process via Foscam to no avail
JA: Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?
Customer: Yes to both but I will try to unplug it again
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've been at it since yesterday. I've tried resetting the cameras and reinstalling.
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I can't think of anything thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 4 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. How many camera's do you have connected and have you tried logging into it's interface via the IP Address to connect it to the WiFi? Thanks