Experience:  Remote Technical Support at Georgia Masterminds Association

Microsoft 10 on new computer. HP LaserJet P1006 will not

Customer Question

Microsoft 10 on new computer. HP LaserJet P1006 will not connect to my computer? Any Suggestions
JA: Have you tested the connections by doing a ping utility test?
Customer: What's a ping utility test, and how do I do it?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. I thought I had HP APP configured that enabled me to default any printer that I plugged into my computer!!
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I can thing of. Thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-afux62bq- replied 4 months ago.

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

I would try the steps within this guide, HP Printers - Driver Installation Stalls on Setup Screen (Windows 10 64-Bit).

When installing the full feature printer driver from the CD or the HP website for the first time on a Windows 10 64-bit computer, the installation hangs on the Printer Setup screen. This issue is specific to printers connected to a wired or wireless network that run HP Solution Center software.

Figure : Install hangs at approximately 90% on the Printer Setup screen

Step 1: Restart the computer

When the install hangs, restart your computer.

When Windows 10 restarts, try completing the installation.

• If the software finished installing, the issue has been resolved.

• If restarting your computer did not fix the issue, continue to the next solution.

Step 2: End running HP Installer processes

Open Task manager to end HP installation processes that are running.

1. Search Windows for task manager, click the Task Manager app in the list of results, and clickMore details.

2. On the Processes tab, right click any processes with HP Installer in the name, and then clickEnd task.

Figure : Example of HP Installer processes in Task Manager

Step 3: Uninstall any HP printer software

Uninstall any HP drivers or software that might have installed prior to the stalled installation.

1. If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the USB cable from the printer.

2. Search Windows for uninstall a program, and click the Uninstall a program Control Panel setting in the list of results.

3. In the list of installed programs, click your HP printer name, and then click Uninstall or Yes to confirm the uninstall.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software removal. If necessary, repeat these steps for any other HP printer-related software in the list.

5. Restart the computer.

Step 4: Run a tool to repair the installation software

Run the HP Network Install Assistant to complete the software installation.

1. Click HPNetworkInstallAssistant to download and open the automated tool through your web browser download process.

2. Select your printer, click Install Software, and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.

3. Restart the computer when prompted to complete the installation.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck!

Also, the link provided is to assist in reinstalling driver. Be certain to restart pc to successfully complete installation....