Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer

My i-photo will not allow me to buy my book. It says to

Customer Question

My i-photo will not allow me to buy my book. It says to check my network connection. I don't know where to go from here.
Category: Networking
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there Liz. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve it.

It is very likely that your computer has temporarily lost the connection to the internet. You can check by minimizing iPhoto and opening your web browser and going to a site that you have never visited before. You can try this link:

If you get a message saying that the page can not be displayed then you will know that you've lost your internet connection. The easiest way to fix this would be to shutdown and restart your computer. Sometime that is all that it takes to restore the internet connection. If that doesn't do the trick, then you can try shutting down your internet modem and/or wireless router, and then shutdown and restart your computer again.

Please try this and let me know the results. If this doesn't resolve th eproblem, we will need to take a look at yoru internet modem to see if there may be a problem with your internet service.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My connection is fine and I already tried the shutdown trick. So no help there.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear that. Let's take a look at your internet modem. What type of internet service do you have? DSL, cable, or somthing else? Do you see a model # ***** your modem?

Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I can assist you today. It appears that your iPhoto seems to be the issue rather than a connection issue.

I'm going to have you reset your preference file for iPhoto and rebuild it. It appears that seems to be the cause for others with this issue.

Before we go down that route, can you try to make a PDF of the iPhoto book for testing purposes?

If you are able to save a iPhoto book as a PDF, then follow these steps.
Hold down the Option key while in Finder, click the Go menu then the “Go To Folder” command. Enter ~/Library/ in the Go to the Folder and click Go.
Go under the Preference folder and delete the file then,
go back to the Library folder and then open the Caches folder then folder. Delete the cache.db file.
Reboot, launch iPhoto, reset its preferences and try purchasing again.

Just checking in with you to see if you were able to run through this procedure and purchase books through iPhoto again.