Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer
94203781

How do I view the Comcast/Xfinity Arris TC862 MAC settings?

Customer Question

How do I view the Comcast/Xfinity Arris TC862 MAC settings? (I have Windows 10 on a PC.)
JA: Comcast question, huh? Fortunately, the tech wizards we work with will know the answer, and I'd like to connect you with the best one for this. Have you tried to troubleshoot?
Customer: Don't know how..
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I want to check the MAC setting to be sure it's set on 802.11n. I am having streaming problems on videos even on my cable connected PC.
JA: Is there anything else the Network Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of.... we are wanting to add Netflix and I thought it necessary to have 802.11n?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I can assist you. 802.11n is a wireless standard that pertains to speed of your wireless connection. MIMO (multiple-input multiple-output) is another word for it where using more that one antenna will give you higher speeds. This works best for streaming applications like NetFlix to allow you to have the fastest connection for your streaming device to your cable modem or wireless router. The TC862 does have 802.11n enabled by default so you should be getting excellent speeds from your wireless device to the router.

Let me know if you need any more help, I'll leave the ticket open for your response. If I was able to answer your question, please rate my service with the stars above with 3 stars or higher if I was able to provide you with excellent service. Otherwise, I will continue to work on your issue until you are satisfied.

Thanks,

I wanted to check in again and to see if you still needed assistance.