Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I cannot get my arris wifi to show up on any of my devises.

Customer Question

I cannot get my arris wifi to show up on any of my devises. I can see it is working on my PC but under ethernet connection
JA: Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?
Customer: yes i unplugged last night and this morning the internet is working on my PC but when I try on my phone arris which is my wifi does not show.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have reset but do not know a lot about computers so when it talks about
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Just to be clear about what I am asking. My PC is working with wifi now, however it is hooked to ethernet when I look at internet connection. When trying to connect to my phone my arris name does not come up. All my neighbors connections come up but not mine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 4 months ago.

Hello! The problem you're experiencing is most often caused by a software glitch on the Arris products, but there's always a chance that the wireless capabilities of the router have failed.

You may have already tried this (and let me know if you have): unplug power to the Arris router for about 1 full minute, and then plug it back in and let it boot up. Once it has, check for connections again on your phone and see if the wireless name for your Arris router appears.

If it does, you should be back in business! If it does not, please let me know and we'll dig in further.

Thanks! I look forward to hearing back from you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Our network service fixed the problem