Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

I have forgotten my password Wi-Fi account

Customer Question

I have forgotten my password ***** my Wi-Fi account
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Timothy.

There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured
2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just as I started reading your reply a pop-up asking for $40 blocked it. I could not read the rest , so I had to leave your post with no results .
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

I provided the information for you above giving you instructions and options to do this on your own.

If you would like me to do it for you, you can accept the remote support service offer that I sent, that is optional and you may ignore it if you don't want it.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?