Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Installing my new Asus USB-13 adapter. my OS is Windows XP.

Customer Question

installing my new Asus USB-13 adapter. my OS is Windows XP. the driver has installed just fine, then I inserted the adapter and the page for choosing of the source opened. However, the adapter does not "see" any source. I have a Wi/Fi signal from Netgear modem (At&T is my provider) in the room where the computer is installed. I have checked signal strength with a tablet and it is "good". Now what?
Category: Networking
Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I will try to assist you today with your networking\driver issue your having with your XP machine. Please tell me when did you purchase the adapter? Also are there any other numbers to identify the adapters actual model number or manufacturer? Many large companies have other companies make adapters for them, and they put their own brand on them, such as ASUS, but in fact they are manufactured by another company.