Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  1-100+ Workstations. Simple or complex. Rackmount or simple routers. No problem!
59162784

Cannot access internet receive error message 0x8004108D : no

Customer Question

cannot access internet receive error message 0x8004108D
JA: Have you done a bandwidth test?
Customer: no
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: windows live mail not connected to internet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Network Technician should know?
Customer: If I knew how to fix it myself I would
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?

What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please stay with me on this web page. Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 months ago.

For the initial troubleshooting step, please reconfigure your account in Windows Live Mail. Do this by removing then re-adding your account. It is possible that there is a problem with the settings and that could be the cause of the error. Also check if there are emails stuck in Outbox , if there are, delete them.

For instructions on how to modify your account in Windows Live Mail, please visit this link.

Note: Before removing an account, check that the messages you want saved are available when you sign in to the web version. If some of your messages are available only in the mail client, export your messages before removing the account.

In addition, if you're still unable to to get back online after re-configuring your account, Follow the steps below to re-establish the connection.

1. Make sure that your default browser is Internet Explorer.
2. Check your computer’s Internet Connection. Verify if Internet Explorer is offline.
a) Open Internet Explorer browser.
b) From the menu bar, click File. (If menu is not shown, press Alt button on your keyboard)
c) Uncheck Work offline by clicking on it.
d) From Windows Live Mail, click Send/Receive button. If you are being asked to go online, click Yes.