Jason Jones, Network Technician
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

I have a Cisco Linksys E1000 router. I am trying to connect

Customer Question

I have a Cisco Linksys E1000 router. I am trying to connect my laptop to my wifi. To do that I need my router password. I set this up some time ago and have no idea what the password ***** Can you help me recover it or reset it? Barbara
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 6 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

On a computer that is connected to the router, perform the steps below:
- Click the following link ---> http://192.168.1.1
Leave the username blank
The default password ***** admin
(if that does let you in, use admin for the username and admin for the password)
- Click the Wireless link (your network name is ***** *****)
- Click the Wireless security link (your wireless password ***** ***** here)

Using the network name and password ***** you obtained from the instructions above, reconnect to the wireless signal.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When I followed your instructions, it would not let me in without a user name. Now what?

Did you follow the next step that says use admin for both the username and password?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
but no luck.

That means that you changed the default password. You can reset the router by pressing the reset button with a pin or bent paperclip for 30 seconds. After that is complete, unplug the power to the router, plug it back in, and follow the instructions I posted initially. This time, you will be able to change your network name to your choice of name and include a password.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will try this. Thank you.

Thank you.