Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  1-100+ Workstations. Simple or complex. Rackmount or simple routers. No problem!
59162784

Greetings. connecting my BDT 220 first time in 10 months.

Customer Question

Greetings. connecting my BDT 220 for the first time in 10 months. All worked fine then but today i connected the machine and my remote control does not effect the device at all except to cause the display to read "set 2"... it can't power on or do any action the remote requests. The device itself works fine. I can power up and am currently watching a dvd. I have a Panasonic viera TV nearby but that remote control and the overall set up works fine. This one works too except for this issue I'm describing. I put in new batteries 10 mintues ago but same issue. With this particular device, you cannot navigate through the menu without the remote control so please help me out. I'm certain it's a configuration issue only. Thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Network Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Network Technician should know?
Customer: No thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 months ago.

Ok, this is a configuration issue that can be solved by going through the steps listed on this website: http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/My-Panasonic-Blu-ray-Player-Remote-Also-Controls-my-DVD-Recorder-How-to-Fix.shtml

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 months ago.