Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

This morning I cannot connect to the internet (I have an

Customer Question

Hi. This morning I cannot connect to the internet (I have an older D-Link modem). Last night we turned the router off and on again, but it is still not working (it was working fine prior to this). I actually have a new router here DSL-2544N which I was going to set up and try, but I inserted the installation CD and got a message that the app has been blocked for my protection, publisher not trusted. I tried turning my firewall off but it still wont let it open.
Category: Networking
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-afux62bq- replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear that my Name is*****'d be glad to assist with this matter....

May I ask which operating system are you currently using?

To fix this error, you can check and remove your publisher from Untrusted Publisher list in Internet Options if any. Follow these steps to know how to unblock a software, publisher.

1. Open Internet Option. You can access Internet Option either from Settings or Internet Explorer Settings.

To access Internet Option from Settings, go to All Settings by clicking on Start and selecting Settings. Open Network and Internet from the options. Under Network and Internet, click on WiFi tab or Dial-up tab, and then click on Internet Options under Related Settings section.

To open Internet Options from Internet Explorer, click on Tool button and then click Internet Options.

2.Once the Internet Options window pop-up, go the to Content tab and click Publisher button.

3. From Certificates window, click on Untrusted Publishers tab.

4. Here you should see your software publisher listed. If it is listed, click on it once and then click on Remove button to unblock the publisher from untrusted publisher list.

Now try to run the software, which was giving security warning and see if the error has been resolved.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not sure that I'm happy with this. I'd like to try to figure out why the other modem is not connecting first, and only go to the new installation if all else fails.

Please provide D-Link Modem Model number...

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
DSL-2730b but I have to leave now. I'm feeling frustrated with this service. I may follow through with you when I get home later. I seemed to be getting someone else offering me support through a live chat option which I would have preferred but there were issues with that too.

In the link provided is a link that assists in troubleshooting matters such as yours. I do apologize for the delay and would like to continue to assist until this matter is resolved.....

I hope this helps solve your issue...

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi. Thank you for attempting to assist me. I went to the link you provided, but could not access the router via the link provided using the ethernet cable (which is interesting because I have done this before). I tried a number of things including replacing the cables etc. I couldn't get it to reset as the instructions indicated. Eventually I plugged in the second D-Link router/modem that I had (DSL-2544N). Whilst I still can't get the installation disc to run, the device connected me to my internet (possibly because I had previously set it up - I had thought that I had reset it back to original settings - because I was going to return it to the shop - but maybe I hadn't). Interestingly, I tried connecting this device via the ethernet cable to look at the configuration settings, and it would not connect either.
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-afux62bq- replied 4 months ago.

For my own understanding, I read that the second router connected you to the internet. Is there need of more assistance until resolved? Or problem resolved?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. It appears that router 1 just died, and router 2, provided I don't need to get into the set up, is working fine.