Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

JA: . What do you want help with? Customer: i have a router

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: i have a router d link dir 615, i update firmware dd-wrt and now is down, not work any more. I want restore to original firmware but don't work. I can connect to on router after reset but not want to update original firmware
JA: Have you tried "power cycling" your router -- unplugging it and letting it rest for about ten seconds?
Customer: yes
JA: Have you done any troubleshooting yet?
Customer: no i self try
JA: The network expert can get you a quick fix for this. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I can assist. Try this method below, if you haven't already.

1. Plug the Ethernet cable that connects your computer, that was plugged into one of the LAN ports,
2. Setup your PC with static IP - ex: (different from
3. Make sure the PC has the new firmware
4. Unplug the power
5. Hold the reset button for 3~5 seconds and re plug the power WITHOUT RELEASING THE RESET BUTTON.
6.Open a web browser to and then you should see EMERGENCY FLASHING page then click browse/upload locate the file and click UPLOAD FIRMWARE NOW

What is the H/W Version on your router? It should be on the label.

Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 4 months ago.

Just checking with you again. Are you still in need of assistance?