Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  20 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I keep getting a message on my tv saying to check local

Customer Question

I keep getting a message on my tv saying to check local router connections. How do I know if the problem is a router problem or a tv problem?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhat are you doing on the TV when you get the message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying to play Pandora
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksWhat is the make and model of the TV and have you connected it to your wifi network?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Panasonic. It's been connected to wi-fi since 2011, but just recently started having this problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket). Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release. Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's still giving me the same message.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you remove the power to the wifi router.Then power off the TVWait 5 minutes, then power on the wifi routerThen wait 5 minutes, power on the TV and tell me if it now connects please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still happening
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me the model of the TV please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TC-P50S30
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you go to Setup, Reset to Defaults.Then go to the wireless setup and connect again to your wireless networkTell me if it then connects please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it! Thanks!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect!If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you