Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant
Experience:  Network consultant for over 20 years.

I am trying to log in to our router and our new laptop is

Customer Question

I am trying to log in to our router and our new laptop is prompting me for the router PIN. I've never seen this before
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: dell inspiron 15 purchased this week windows 10. I've connected to two other networks and not been prompted for this
JA: Is there anything else the Network Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 5 months ago.
If you are being asked for the router pin then you are trying to connect to the router settings page. Is that what you are trying to do it will not ask for that to just connect to the Network that is just the Network password?