Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant
Experience:  Network consultant for over 20 years.

I am trying to get my new Airport time capsule to recognize

Customer Question

i am trying to get my new Airport time capsule to recognize my wireless internet connection
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i have connected my time capsule to my computer, using an ethernet cord and dongal to my powebook - time capsule is blinking yellow, and does not recognize my wireless network
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: i have a Mac Macbook pro and using OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: i have a wireless internet network in my home
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 5 months ago.

You should connect it to you router not your computer? If you wish to use your current WiFi instead of the Time Capsule then just turn off the WiFi on the Time Capsule and use it only for backup. Also what do you mean by "dongle"?

Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 4 months ago.

Do you still need help you never answered my questions?