Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

My wireless printer (hp office jet pro 8620) will not connect

Customer Question

My wireless printer (hp office jet pro 8620) will not connect to my network. I have entered the password ***** and tried the WPA connection on my router
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a Mac running OS X version 10.6.8
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I'd like to suggest that we begin with the basics. First, let's turn the printer off and then turn off your PC and your Wifi Router. Turn them back on in this order. 1) Router first...give it time to completely boot up before you move to the next step (at least a full minute) 2) Turn on computer 3) Turn on printer. After you have done this, try to add the printer to your network again. This often resolves netowrk issues. Please let me know if it resolves yours. If it does not, Weill move on the next troubleshooting steps.