Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

The samsung sm T113NDWAXAR Serial No. R52H40QTE7H 7.0" 8GB

Customer Question

the samsung sm T113NDWAXAR Serial No. R52H40QTE7H 7.0" 8GB WiFi and i do not see a year on it. I just bought it at Walmart 7/17/16. It asks if i have a google account and i do not think i do unless i have it through ATT. I gave you my email account. It then asks for WiFi to select. I do not know what all things asks for in regards ***** ***** list.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 9 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is it asking for your wi-fi / wireless right now?What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?Do you also have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac? I will walk you through all the steps. Please tell me what is on the Samsung tablet's screen now.Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I thought that i could do this myself. I cannot afford $40 dollars for this. I guess I will just have to wait to get this set up. Thank you anyway for your help.
I'm sorry. Please ignore that; there is no extra cost, and we guarantee our service, so don't worry.I can help you. Please turn on the tablet, and go through the setup, then let me know any step you are stuck at.Please reply at the box below; we guarantee our service. Thank you,
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I guess I dense because I do not understand what you are saying. At first it said $5 and then it said $11 that I could afford, but I just wanted to know what I needed to do to get started because I did not understand what I was looking for and the pamphlet did not explain what I was to do. I am going to have to get someone to explain to me and show me. As I said before, I am computer illiterate.
I'll have our customer service make sure the billing is correct for you. It will be exactly the amount you've agreed to, and we guarantee our service, so don't worry.I will walk you through step-by-step instructions. Please turn on the tablet, then let me know what you see.Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I cannot pay the $39. I just bought this tablet to help a friend in the nursing home. I live on social security and I am very limited on what I can spend. I just spent my grocery money to buy this tablet for her because she is very depressed and in a lot of pain and is dying. I just thought that this could help her. So I cannot pay this because I do not have it to spend. So please excuse me for taking up your time and please understand that I cannot pay this amount and that I will have to wait to get help elsewhere or get help from someone that lives in the disabled project that knows about computers and tablets to help me. I just wanted to get it set for her for when I go see her tomorrow. Thanks.
I'm sorry about the confusion. That amount for phone support or direct remote support is only optional, so it is not that amount. It's only the original amount you've agreed to. I can help you here by typing back and forth with you. Thank you,
Please ignore the popup $39. I will help you fixing this issue with only the lower original amount you've agreed to. Please reply at the box below to continue; we guarantee our service. Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am sorry but I cannot take the chance because it still says that the amount is $39 and I cannot click on Securely connect to show that I agree for that amount. I have been caught i scams and I cannot risk it again because my son will take control of my account and I am very limited as it is. So thanks again for your time and your help. Linda
I'm sorry, like I said previously, that $39 securely connect is ONLY optional, so don't click on it; don't accept it, then you won't be charged for it.Please just turn on the tablet, then I can help you here. Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok I have turned on the tablet.
Thank you. Please go through the on-screen setup. Then whenever you are stuck at any step, please let me know what it's showing on the screen. Thank you,
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it says select wi-fi and it says 2WIRE 465 2WIRE535 2WIRE 550 att9S3s963 WSWAT MOBILE OPS VAN HOME 2E6E-24 Carlos Network and more and under these it says secured or WPS available
Thank you. What is the brand / model of your internet modem / router device? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Note: The Internet modem / router device was usually given to you previously from your Internet service provider. If you cannot find this device in your home, please let me know. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is AT&T U-VERSE SSID 2WIRE465 wireless Network Key(###) ###-####that is all the information on the box. On the tablet it has CE168 MODEL SMT113NDWAXAR SMT113NDWAG UPC 8 87276 09572 1
SERIAL No. R52H40QTE7H
Great. On the Samsung tablet, please tap on your wireless network name, which is 2WIRE465. Then when it asks for password, enter the wireless network key number as shown at the back / bottom of your AT&T U-verse box, then connect / continue.Then let me know what it shows next. Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it says authentication error occurred
Did you tap on the exact network name 2WIRE465? Check carefully as there are other similar names.Did you enter the correct wireless network key? Check carefully at the back / bottom of your AT&T U-verse box.Please try again and check. Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I taped it and it says signal strength
very strong
Security
WPA/WPA2 PSK
CANCEL FORGET CONNECT
I selected connect by taping and it came up authentication error occurred
Tap on your network name, then tap on option FORGET, then tap on your network name again (check the exact SSID name on the AT&T box), then enter your wireless network key (check the exact wireless network key on the AT&T box.), and connect / continue.Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what do i need to do
Did you do the following:1. Tap on your network name, then tap on option FORGET2, then tap on your network name again (check the exact SSID name on the AT&T box)3, then enter your wireless network key (check the exact wireless network key on the AT&T box.)4, and connect / continue.- Does it still say authentication error?Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it says connected and the it says allow google to regularly check device activity for security problems, and prevent or warn about potential harm learn more in the google settings app.Decline Accept
Great. That looks good. Please tap on Accept, then let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it says previous or next at the bottom and i selected next. it now says sign in it says that my email and password ***** not match
Don't sign in. Please select the option to create a new account, and create a new google / gmail account and continue. Please let me know. Thank you,
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it went on to google and your location and says
allow apps to estimate your location with googles location service. unknown location data will be collected and sent to google and may be stored on your device. collection may occur even when no apps are running.get more relevant information when using goo9gle apps GPS and googles locatioon service may be accessed, even when you are not using google apps.to improve location accuracy and for other purposes, googles location service and other apps can scan for nearby wi fi networks even when wi fi is off.
Please allow / accept it. Then let me know. Thank you.
After going through the setup, you should be able to open the Internet app icon and use the internet on the tablet.How is it going? What's on the tablet's screen now?When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,
If you still need help with this issue or with anything else, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,