GeekGal
GeekGal, Network Administrator
Experience:  MIS degree 15+ years Experience as Network Administrator
76665483

How do I reset password

Customer Question

How do I reset password
Category: Networking
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Can you tell me what password *****'re trying to reset please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Wi-fi
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
bought a new lap top but can not access internet?.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a linkys router modelWRT54G a wireless G-broad band router wioth 4 port switches
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Ok. It sounds like you need to reset the wifi router password. Please be aware that if you do this you will have to change the password ***** all devices connected to it. Can you tell me what kind of internet service you have? What brand and model is your wifi router?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for that information. Please give me just a moment to find the information for resetting the password ***** that particular model.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Open your Web browser and enter the IP address of your router. By default, the address is “192.168.1.1”.Enter your user ID And password ***** prompted. Hopefully this has been changed, but if it hasn’t, the default is no ID and “admin” as the password.Click the "Administration" tab in the Linksys interface. Under the Management sub-page, you will see your current username and password; change both to something that will be difficult for others to guess.Click "Save Settings."Now write that password ***** and change it for every device that uses your wifi to get to the internet.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!