Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

Computer asks PIN that should be written on the modem!

Customer Question

Computer asks for a PIN that should be written on the modem!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Network Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a Dlink CE0560 and trying a wireless connection the computer asks for a PIN
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Network Technician should know?
Customer: I do not believe
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 5 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. On the computer, besides the PIN option, does it also give you the option to use the network security key option?Can you please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device for the model of it? Also, do you see any password ***** key / pin there?Do you also have another laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.