Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Pearl. I am trying to connect my Epson WF2540 wireless to

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I am trying to connect my Epson WF2540 wireless to my Acer Aspire 6930G Windows 7 OS. I have established a wireless connection from the printer to the router but my laptop will not find the printer during install. Marco
JA: Routing question, huh? Fortunately, the tech wizards we work with know networking, and I'd like to connect you with the best one for this. Is there anything else important you think the Network Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 7 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Do you have other devices that are able to print wirelessly to the printer?If so, do this on your Win 7 machine. Click the start button and in the search area type: cmdRight-click on the cmd search result at the top of the list and select Run as Administrator.At the blinking prompt in the black window type the following 3 commands, pressing Enter after eachnetsh winsock resetnetsh int ipv4 resetnetsh int ipv6 resetAfter the last command restart the machine.Click start, open Devices and Printersclick Add a Printerselect Add a network, wireless or bluetooth printerand see if the printer can be found.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I cannot get to run as administrator
Expert:  Byron replied 7 months ago.
When you click the start button and type cmd in the search areayou'll see the cmd.exe result at the top.Right-click on it and a menu will open. Select Run as Administrator
Expert:  Byron replied 7 months ago.
If you've performed the steps above and the laptop still isn't seeing the printer you'll need to verifythe printer's connection to the router. To do that print a network status sheet (see attachment)The printout will tell you the printer's IP address. It should beginwith 192.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x
Expert:  Byron replied 7 months ago.
Here's another way to do it:ClickStart>>All Programs>>Accessories (you'll see the Command Prompt entry in the list)Right-click on Command Promptand select Run as Administrator from the menu.This will open the black window with the blinking prompt.Then run the commands above.