Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have a firewall behind a Comcast class router. How do

Customer Question

I have a firewall behind a Comcast biz class router. How do I get my firewall to do static NAT when its behind a Comcast router (I disabled the firewall). This appears to be double natting but its not working. I have the Comcast static nat 1 to 1 (Comcast internal addr) then this Comcast internal addr NAT 1 to 1 to the internal behind my firewall (NAT configured and rules configured to allow this traffic). I'm trying to telnet to a switch from the Internet that is behind the Comcast and SonicWALL firewall.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I will be the person helping you today. I can help you in one of two ways:1) We will communicate back and forth on this page.2) Remote support, which would allow me to take a look at the problem and fix it for you while you watch. In my experiences, remote support saves a lot of time for everybody and is safer because if instructions are not followed correctly, it may make the problem worse or create a new problem.As a side note, both options are covered by a 100% guarantee and fully refundable, if we are not able to fix your problem.If you wish to choose the first option, please let me know so we can begin. If you wish to choose the second, better option, then click the Accept this Offer button for Secure Remote Assistance.Thank you,Jason