Rylan Sharpe
Rylan Sharpe, System Administrator
Experience:  IT Manager at an international company
93720025

Hey. I have a Lenovo G510. The power will not turn on. I

Customer Question

Hey. I have a Lenovo G510. The power will not turn on. I just moved it from my desk and transported it "waking" to another building. Now it will not power on, (it was working fine before I unplugged and moved to new location). When I plug in the powersource it shows battery, when I push power, the light comes off.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 7 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.I'm sorry for your issue please try this:Unplug the laptop and remove the battery.Firmly hold down the power button for 60 seconds and release.Plug in only the power adapter and try to start the laptop.Let me know the result please.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did that, still nothing.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. Please let me know if you still require assistance and I would be happy to help you.
Expert:  Rylan Sharpe replied 6 months ago.
hello, May I suggest a couple things here to see if we can figure out your issue. First, when you plug it into power, does the charging light come on? Please remove the battery and then plug it into power and try to turn it on. If that doesn't work, I suggest that we try a different power cord. Can you please try and let me know how it goes?