Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers

I have static on my line when i link my smartphone to the

Customer Question

i have static on my line when i link my smartphone to the kx-prla20
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.Static means a poor connection, if it is hard-wired or a wired connection. Or, it means poor grounding at each end of the line, poor insulation from extraneous radio wave noise getting into the line. Static in a wireless connection, on the other hand, means a large amount of radio noise on that channel and frequency... or a defective wireless hardware at either end of the connection. Or perhaps noise internal to one of the devices at either end. If it were a networked connection, it might mean a lot of dropped packets, but that would sound more like jerky, dropped-out, and interrupted. Tell me more about how you set up the connection... and what sort of smartphone you are using, please, and I will advise you further.