Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

My PC Teck Support guy said that I am being hacked by network

Customer Question

My PC Teck Support guy said that I am being hacked by network hackers and that my Network security software has been defeated by these haters and that I am at risk. He said that I need to buy replacement software from the iTunes store for $250. Does this make sense?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about that issue. That is a scam; please do not follow any instruction from that person, and do not buy anything. How did you get into contact with that person? But basically, you should always ignore any popup message / email message / phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.Was there any issue with your computer that you needed help with?Is there currently any issue with your computer?Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,