Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Perl; The cable company just replaced a broken modem and

Customer Question

HI Perl; The cable company just replaced a broken modem and gave me a paper with the "new" network name and passkey.....
JA: Huh?
Customer: It was easy to reconnect to internet with that information but I'm have=ing problem setting up the printer
JA: Networking issues can get really frustrating, but I know just the Network Technician to help you. Is there anything else the Network Technician should be aware of?
Customer: on the printer it asks for the new password, then asks about encryption password (wpa or ...) but I don't know if it is the same .... I tried it and didn't work) or is the password ***** my wireless router.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 7 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.You connect your printer to the network name using the passkey the same as your wirelesscomputers, tablets and phones. The encryption used by most cable companies these days isWPA2 AES. To find out for sure, if you're using a wireless Windows computer, later than XP, hold down the Windows logo key (just to the left of the spacebar)and press R. In the Run box type: ncpa.cpl and click OK.Right-click on your wi-fi adapter and click Statusclick the Wireless Properties buttonclick the Security tab at the top of the windowand you will see the Security type:, Encryption type:and Network Security keyPutting a checkmark in the Show Characters box will display the wireless password (security key)