Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My Sony DVD wireless player cannot connect to my E1200 Linksys

Customer Question

My Sony DVD wireless player cannot connect to my E1200 Linksys router. Keeps getting a message that it cannot connect with server. At the same time I can connect to my neighbors router which has no password ***** pins. I cannot connect to the same router using my laptop and phone so it seems the issue is between the Router and Sony DVD player
JA: Linksys issue, huh? Fortunately, the wizards we work with know tech inside and out, and I'd like to connect you with the best one for this. Is there anything else important you think the Network Technician should know?
Customer: No. Think that covers it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the specific error message you get on the sony?Initially, unplug power to the linksys for 60 seconds to reboot it, and let me know if the issue persists, we'll then adjust some settings on the sony.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm being charged $19 dollars for you to suggest I unplug my Linksys Router. I already shared in my initial explanation that the 1. Sony connects Wireless to my Neighbors unsecured Router successfully
2. I am able to connect Wireless to my Linksys E1200 with both my phone and laptop successfully
3. Sony CANNOT connect to my Linksys E1200 Guest with Password ***** Admin with Password. Setting are WPA. Error message received "i get the error message, the service cannot be accessed because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information."
Summary: Sony can connect wireless to my neighbors router. I can connect to my Linksys E1200 BUT Sony cannot connect wireless to the E1200.Also I authorized $5 not $19. Where was that disclosed in this process and whom shall I discuss that with?Thanks in advance,
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.
As I mentioned, that was an INITIAL step.You would have been prompted during the deposit process with a disclosure of the total price, which you have paid to the site, not to me.You would have a total cost of 24, 5 was the deposit, the balance charged upon corresponding. Do you wish to continue?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. I wish to have a refund. Thank you.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.
You may do that from the help page.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay. Thanks