Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I BOUGHT A 2ND IPHONE FAMILY AND WE HAD A BUNCH OF

Customer Question

i BOUGHT A 2ND IPHONE FOR THE FAMILY AND WE HAD A BUNCH OF KIDS OVER AND THEY WERE HORSING AROUND AND LOCKED THE PHONE. i CAN PROVE THE PHONE IS MINE HOW DO i UNLOCK IT ?
jr
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 10 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is it asking for the (6-digit / 4-digit) passcode? Or something else?Do you mean you cannot open any app on the iPhone?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Cannot open phone We think it is locked out by fingerprint
Please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit. Then what happens when you log in the iPhone? Is there any error or message?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not have the iPhone with me I'll have to bring it to work tomorrow Can I continue tomorrow?
Yes, and if it does not work, then please try the following fix:If possible, press & hold the Power button on the iPhone until it lets you slide to turn off, then slide to power off.Open iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/Connect the iPhone to the computer with the USB Cable.On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.After 10 or 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.Click Restore / factory reset and confirm.Note: In iTunes program, you can click on the spinning circle at the upper right corner to see the download progress.Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34v8HMC9B98Tomorrow, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,