Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I've installed an epson

Customer Question

I've installed an epson workforce 3620 printer. It found the wifi network but i'm getting a "router/access point channel conflict" so neither my computer or iPad can find the printer
JA: Networking issues can get really frustrating, but I know just the Network Technician to help you. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: There's nothing else to tell. I can't see the printer to install it. When I try to use AirPrint, it doesn't find the printer
JA: Is there anything else the Network Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Asriel replied 7 months ago.
Good Afternoon! Can you tell me if you manually set the IP address on the printer, or if it did that automatically?
Expert:  Asriel replied 7 months ago.
Can you follow the steps https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportShowVideo.jsp?UseCookie=yes&oid=232591&void=260984 there to re-setup the wifi?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It did it automaticllay. I just entered the network name and password
Expert:  Asriel replied 7 months ago.
Understood. It should not have double assigned an IP like that. Can you follow those steps to disjoin it and re-add to see if it will resolve the issue.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes. How much am I getting charged for this?
Expert:  Asriel replied 7 months ago.
Not sure. I believe whatever you accepted in the begin with. If it shows any prompts for pricing, they are automated, and you can ignore them.
Expert:  Asriel replied 7 months ago.
If you'd like a refund, I can also send this to our customer service team to process that as well.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I dont' know if i need a refund. I"m just very confused on what the initial amount is. I disconnected and rejoined the network but still can't find the printer
Expert:  Asriel replied 7 months ago.
I can send this to our customer service team when we've fixed the printer and they should be able to let you know. I don't have insight into that, I'm sorry. Did you disconnect the printer and remove the wifi network from its settings, or one of your devices?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
None of my devices have connected to the printer. I simply disconnected the printer from the wifi network and then reconnected it. My devices still can't see the printer on the network, which is the problem. The printer shows a strong wifi signal and it says it's on the network, but none of the devices see it.
Expert:  Asriel replied 7 months ago.
Great. Have you run the software installer on your computer? That can be found here: https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&oid=232591&infoType=Downloads
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, i have run that twice
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When I go to add the printer on my Macbook Air, it doesn't find any printer to select. Because….the printer isn't showing up
Expert:  Asriel replied 7 months ago.
When you ran the software on your Macbook Air, did it successfully install the printer? During the setup, it should have detected the printer, did it do that?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I installed the drivers. I then went to System preferences to add the printer. The printer name doesn't show up at all so I can't add it. When i search for it by name, it doesn't find it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is what i get when i go to add the printer
Expert:  Asriel replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the screenshot. Can you go to the printer itself, and confirm that it is connected to the wireless network?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, it is connected to the wireless network.
Expert:  Asriel replied 7 months ago.
Ok. Can you now manually remove the wireless network on the printer, and re-run the setup utility on your Mac. Make sure to choose the wireless setup, but use the USB cable when it asks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can we please end this session? I would like my money back
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I end this session?
Expert:  Asriel replied 7 months ago.
I'll send this to customer support for a refund.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.