Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

I had to unplug all my computer equipment to move . Now the

Customer Question

I had to unplug all my computer equipment to move . Now the netgear doesn't power on.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Network Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have the power cord attached, the Ethernet connected from router to modem and cable from computer to router. Router is dark.
JA: Networking issues can get really frustrating, but I know just the Network Technician to help you. Is there anything else the Network Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The modem, printer, and computer have power.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 11 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Can you tell me themodel number and version number (if it shows one) of your router?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Netgear n300 model WNR2000v5
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am a DISH internet customer. No phone. Can you connect?
Expert:  Byron replied 11 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Byron replied 11 months ago.
On the back of the router is a power switch. Have you tried that? see attachment
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes I have pushed the button in and out several times. I even held it in for 30 seconds but nothing.
Expert:  Byron replied 11 months ago.
There's not a lot to do on those routers. You mention that you had to unplug everything. Is the power adapter the correct one and is it plugged directly into a wall outlet.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes and yes.
Expert:  Byron replied 11 months ago.
Thanks. Give this a try. Have the router plugged in to power and the switch in the ON position.Perform the reset procedure in the attachment. I don't know that this will work given that none of the lights are coming on.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did that but still nothing.
Expert:  Byron replied 11 months ago.
I'm sorry for this.There's nothing more to be done. Those units are not user serviceable.Unless it's under warranty, you'll need to replace the router.Was there any kind of electrical event before this?