Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

Own a F5D7230-4 router, and a remote antenna. Bout 10 years

Customer Question

own a F5D7230-4 router, and a
remote antenna. Bout 10 years old, unused since 2010. Input was cable.
Recently have added DISH wireless system, Cable from DISH to receiver.
Cable to any one of my 3 computers?
Want to put Belkin router in. Cables to each of two computers in same room, connect third machine via antenna to different room.
Consternation; router has 5 connectors, none marked?? Can I input any one, out put to any others, or is there certain order??
Also, there is dc power input jack for 4.5 volts?? Never have had such unit?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 6 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. When looking at the back of the routerthe leftmost port is the one you want to connect to your internet service. The other 4 ports are for connectingother computers and network devices.If the router has been unused since 2010 it would be wise to do a factory reset on it. With the router powered on,use a pen or straightened paper clip or a pen to hold down the reset button for 10 seconds and release and allow therouter to reset. Then after about two minutes, uplug it. Connect your internet cable to the leftmost port and plug the router back in.Plug a computer in to one of the 4 remaining ports (doesn't matter which one) restart the computer and when itcomes back up it should have an internet connection.To do all this you will need to have the a/c adapter that plugs in to a power outlet and connects to the power port on the router.
Expert:  Byron replied 6 months ago.
Let me know when you have a connection. I can remote in to your computer and set up the wireless for you.
Expert:  Byron replied 6 months ago.
Hi. Would you still like to get this router working?