Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I cannot access my wirerless network with my new smart phone.

Customer Question

I cannot access my wirerless network with my new smart phone. I don't have the correct password. when I tried to access my netgear webage through the PC using username and password ***** could not get access. The username and password ***** used was provided by netgear support on Nov 18, 2009. I need the password ***** access my smart phone to my wifi.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Hi there Robert and welcomeDo you have a windows computer that is already connected to the wireless network? As we can get the password ***** this. I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard