Jason Jones, Network Technician
Experience:  Years of experience and education.

Trying to use ddns to access cameras connected to my router.

Customer Question

trying to use ddns to access cameras connected to my router. Hughes net uses a double NAT structure. Can I possibly get a static IP or can I use vpn to attach?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Network Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I had wild blue before and was able to access the camera and some other devices connected to my router at a remote location. I can no longer do the. My understanding is that hughes net uses a double NAT and I don't get a public IP. I have a PC running there that updates the DDNS with a new IP everytime it changes but that IP can be accessed.
JA: Is there anything else the Network Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The router is a Netgear 824v2. The modem is new as is the dish. There are 6 devices connected to the router with ports assigned to them and open.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 6 months ago.
Greetings, If you wish to do this, you will need to change your subscription with Hughes. In effect, you will need to request a Static IP address. When you do that, they will give you their offers. The following is taken directly from the Hughes' website, "If a static IP is needed, we recommend that you contact the Hughes business services group at 1-***-***-****." I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.I will be standing by,Jason If you wish to work with me in the future for new problems, you can request to work with me either by posting the question on my profile page or by prefacing your question with, "For ***** ***** Only!"