Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist

My iPad had cellular capability with att as carrier. A week

Customer Question

My iPad had cellular capability with att as carrier. A week ago I began getting "no service". In "general", "About" I now see Cellular data number "unknown" and network "not available". How can I hook back up with att?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 6 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Follow the instructions below to reset your iPad's network settings:Step 1:Tap Settings. Step 2:Tap General. Step 3:Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap Reset. Step 4:Tap Reset Network Settings. Step 5:You will get a prompt warning you that this option will delete all network settings and return them to factory default settings. Tap Reset to continue. Step 6:Wait while your iPad resets its network settings. Once the reset process is done, your network settings will return to its factory default settings. Your iPad will also automatically restart. Then check for cellular internet connection.Launch the Settings app on your iPad.Now tap on Cellular — on the iPad, it's labeled Cellular Data.Turn the option for Cellular Data to on. Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, didn't work.
try removing the sim card with the device powered off and then power on and see if the device asks for the card to be installed. Let me know the results please.