Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

MY houseguest wants to connect to my wireless network and the

Customer Question

MY houseguest wants to connect to my wireless network and the network demands a password. I don't even know if I have one. MY network is ATT344.Nancy, in Waco, TX
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there Nancy and welcomeCan you tell me please the make and model of your wifi router? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't afford to keep forking over for this. My router is the latest wireless one that AT&T uses . Never mind. we found a number on side of router that may be it. Cancel my $40. Apple does not do the right thing by customers by demanding we jump thru hoops to get to you!
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ok, but the issue is not with Apple but with your router Nancy.But if you require a refund, please contact customer service.Thank you and all the best