Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I downloaded windows 10 and I can no longer print from my computer JA:

Customer Question

I downloaded windows 10 and I can no longer print from my computer
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Network Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the printer is not responding when I try to print.
JA: Is there anything else the Network Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please the make and model of the printer?Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What do you mean. Lexmark 3600 series wireless
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
are you there
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
ThanksClick on the windows button in the bottom left and then type in device and click on devices and printers.Then right click on your printer and select printer properties.Then click on print test page and tell me what then happens please.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no thanks, ***** ***** not want remote help
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
No problem, as the site indicates its an optional service, else do the instructions and let me know the results please
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
nothing happens
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your time. It does seem like you can help me.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Right click on the printer and select remove.Then restart the computerThen click on Add Printer in the devices and printers window.Once it has found the printer, click on it to install and tell me if it now prints please.