Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers

I have a netgear AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter.I am

Customer Question

I have a netgear AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter.
I am switching from Windows 7 to Linux ubuntu
The disk reports an error when I try to load onto ubuntu
Is there a fix. I am on a different computer at the momment.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Is the driver you are attempting to load onto the new ubuntu Linux system, for your Netgear adapter, a Linux driver?If not, small wonder if it shows an error.If it is, what is the full and exact text of the error, please? that is an important detail to this problem.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Russell; I thought I asking Netgear support. Of course I knew my driver was a window 7 driver and not a linux driver. My question was can you send my the Linux driver? Obviously, you are not employed by Netgear and cannot sell or provide their products. I hope in the future you will make it more clear who you are. Larry
Hi Larry. I may be able to provide the Linux driver for your Netgear product, if there is one. And having looked it up, I find that Netgear themselves have issued no such Linux driver: Sometimes ubuntu installation can use a INF file... that's usually a part of Windows driver file sets. (Just a suggestion, if that's the installation method in question that you are trying to use.) Another factor is: have you plugged the adapter into a USB 2 port? that might be required, for it to work at all.