Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

I've been trying to re-connect my Epson Xp 410 to Netgear10

Customer Question

I've been trying to re-connect my Epson Xp 410 to Netgear10 for almost a month. (off and on) Just learned about the WPS button last night, found it on the router and pushed. Thereupon an icon WPS followed by 3 green bars appeared on the screen, and the little green owl on the router blinked his eyes. They were just pulling my leg. So I thought I'd try the XP 410 wifi set-up that requires a PIN so, what is it & where do I find it. I have a MacAir book, new and unfamiliar.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Network Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Network Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Just that I'm 85, bought one of the first Commodore computers which was really great, had to write my own programs, but completely at sea now-a-days.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. WPS doesn't work on many devices as it is disabled by default due to security concerns. You'll want to connect instead by entering the wifi network name/password ***** the printer itself. There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely. Best regards,Nathan